Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Done flexi sigmoidoscopy due to blood in stools. Have anal tag, swelling. What is wrong?

Hi, I ama 35 year old female and am very concerned because even though i have had flexi sigmoidoscopy twice now because i use to get bleeding when passing stool and it was clear. The bleeding has stopped but I have an anal tag which is causing me great discomfort I feel like it is almost nearly always swollen and more recently for the past two months feel like constant pressure in that area even if I dont have to go pass stool. I am not constipated and am regular. When I go shopping I cannot lift anything even one bag of shopping can make the pressure feel worse and more intense. What is wrong can you tell me I am very worried.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you had rectal bleeding and for which you had undergone sigmoidoscopy..
but now you are feeling something coming out of anal region, this could be a haemorrhiods, bleeding you experienced without pain also could be due to internal haemorrhiods and now it is prolapsed..
see your surgeon, and you may need surgery for this..
all the very best..
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor