Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Done colonoscopy due to diverticulitis. Back cramps and shivers after taking Movicol. How to stop attacks?

Hello, I had a colonscopy, scan due to an attack of diverticulitus. I had intravenous antibiotics in hospital and now can eat everything but have to drink a lot of fluids. I still get constipation , but when I take Movicol, it causes severe cramps in my back and I get the shivers (no fever) and have to remain in bed for the day. I get these attacks quite often, but my gastro saw nothing wrong on the colonoscopy and said it was just constipation due to ISB. What can I do to stop these attacks?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi , I think you can take some other laxative instead of Movicol. You can try taking Bulk forming Laxative containing Psyllium along with high fiber diet and maintain good hydration. In case use don't feel relieved you can try taking liquid laxative like Milk Of Magnesia or Sodium Picosulfate.Hope it helps.
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor