Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Done beta HCG test. Brown discharge after period. Miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy?

Hi. I got my Beta HCG level as 412 mIU/ML. I am probably already pregnant for about 40 days. However, in between, I got my period, a little lighter than usual, but there s brown discharge after the 2days of period and last for another a week. I am very concerned this may be a sign of miscarrige or ectopic pregnancy . Could you tell me how much chance this could be a normal pregnancy?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

Some women can have bleeding on their expected date of periods even being pregnant also.
If you are having associated pain abdomen, continuous spotting etc, then there is possibility of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
If you are not having any of these features no need to worry.
You can go for one ultrasound which will clarify these doubts.
Take care.

Answered: Fri, 30 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor