Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Done U/S found black circle in uterus, normal ovaries. Am I pregnant?

I went for a ultrasound scan yesterday as the doctor thought i may have an ovarian cyst . While the scan was beinng done i noticed a black circle in my uterus area and the lady asked me when my llast perioud was, she then looked at my ovaries and said they were fine and that my doctor would call in a week with results. I am now worried what this black circle was. Am i pregnant?
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
hello. Thanks for the query.

If your periods are normal, dark circle in the uterus could be due to local pathology like fibroid uterus, hematoma, fibroid polyp.
Better to repeat the scan after q week because if its due to pregnancy, size of gestational sac increases.

So relax and wait for the report.

Hope this helps.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor