Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Dog bite, swelling, stiffness, indentation of skin. Cleaned with alcohol, anti bacterial medications, treated with penicillin. Treatment options?

I got a dog bite to my left hand stopping a dog fight. Bite was cleaned right away with alcohol and other anti bacterial meds. I even started with penicillin , 500mg every 6 hrs it has been 5 days.other then being a little sore, no pain. No oozing , redness, but silll swelling and a bit stiff. When i press on swelling, leaves indents for a few seconds.
Thu, 26 Dec 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

You have developed an infection after a dog bite.
First of all, you need to be evaluated and treated with an anti rabies vaccine.
You should see nearby physician soon and get adequate both rabies vaccination.
Now as far as local Care is concerned, it is very important to clean the affected area with lots of water.
You should keep it under running water so as to minimize the chances of rabies infection.

Dr Geetika Paul
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor