Does your size affect your resting heart rate ?

Does your size affect your RESTING heart rate?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
as in weight? yes. As in height no.

what is heart rate at rest? son just got taken by ambualnce he is 22 yrs old? and he has hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy... his feet and some parts of his body are numb and he has been fainting and turning bluish, he himself called ambualnce when all of us were alseep.he has a difib implanted.. and had 2 open heart surgerys in last 5 years... he says it it as rest 17? docs told him

high heart rate in 20 year old of 125 with just walking to the other room. Resting rate in the 80 range. Throiditis just diagnosised My daughter is 20 just diagnosed with thyroiditis. Her heart rate goes up to 125 with walking to the other room. Her resting pulse is in the 80s. Should she be on meds.

I checked my dad s (57) heart rate when he was resting and it was about 80 beats a minute. He is also a smoker. Is this okay?

Recent questions on  Heart rate monitor

I have been diagnosed with very frequent premature ventricular complex. I have had 4 ECG all borderline or abnormal with different automated messages: 1. probable anteroseptal infarct old 2. negative T wave anterior 3. minimal ST depression . All...

I thought I was having anxiety attacks that always hit right before a bowel movement. ..I'd get hot or cold , spacey head feeling, increased awareness of heartbeat etc...but got a fit bit for my birthday with a heart rate monitor so ive been able...

my son eats alot of fish...tuna, exercises hard each day, does alot of cardio...once had tighten of chest at gym...his ekg was adnormal...doc said maybe sinus bradycardia..now has to go trough 24 hour heart monitor and echo...never took a mercury poison test...should he do so. never had a problem with heart..only one time short breath pulse is 38-46...

I was b12 defiecient and anemic and put on iron and weekly shots for b12 for a month then dropped to once a month! Been experecing low heart rate at doctors office 40 s did Ekg came back fine but low heart rate! Put me on heart monitor for two weeks now. Experencing shortness of breath, fatigue, etc! I only take vitamins, calcium, multi vit, iron x2, and the now monthly shot of b12. any suggestions? Is anything I m taking doing this?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

My blood pressure is excellent, but I woke up last night with a pulse rate of 111. my husband stated go to the ER. My EKG was good, the heart monitor was good, it went down to 87, 82, but I do have a thyroid problem, think that could be the problem. The doctor also stated I had a heart mummer?? that was new :( but can you help me. Then she stated they may be given me to much thyroid medication.