Does working out increase your BP ?

does working out increase your blood pressure ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
While you're working out, yes, but it will cause it to be lower when at rest, which is usually a good thing.

I am 33 years and have been taking Telma H for the last 5 years. Recently my dose was increased to Telma H 80Mg. However towards the evening my BP is again shooting to 130/100. I may need to take another medicine in evening. My weight is 95kg and my work is stressful. The rest of my Lipid profile reports are normal. Will taking BP medicines from such an early age have an adverse effect and in what ways?

my doctor put me on losartan 50mg,it didn t lower my bp but the good thing was no side effects so he increased my dosage to 100mg I now have many ide effects and lower bp. I can not continue taking something that make me dizzy, tired, numb, swollen. After 1 month on 50mg he hought 100mg would work. What can I do I have switched bp meds 5 times nothing seem to work

I m vineethchowdary 25 years old i work as software engineer one day i had felt down from bus so i went to doctor so they had checked my BP at that time it was 190/100 they told to take rest for that night and they have rechecked on next day afternoon and it was 160/80 and doctor has assisted to take some check up. I had checks like chest x ray, blood tests, blood pressure monitor, ecg , kidney function and CT scan for brain but they are normal and doctor told to wait for a couple of weeks to have again a checkup but two day back i had checked by BP it was 150-160/80-90(two three checkups),so the problem is still continuing so how can i over come it with out any tablets.but now my health is good but some times if i work more than 10hrs per day i m feeling headache if i m feeling any tension or any such thing my heart beat is increasing and again i m getting headache and also i m feeling uneasy.In my daily work some times unnecessarily for small cause i m feeling tense so how could i over come it with out any medicine by daily diet and etc.. and please suggest me the best thing to reduce tense. My Height ---182 cms Weight----86 Kgs

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

My father Mr. Paresh nath Pal, 69 years old having major kidney failure, wanted to know about what are the ways or alternatives.

I am providing details about him till now.

He has Hyper Tension , Diabetes for near about last 20 years. Pacemaker have been implanted on 2006 because of low pulse rate.

According to his recent report on 8th april:

Blood pressure- 124\75

Blood sugar- fasting92\pp141

Blood urea-104

Blood creatinine-3.90

potassium 4.8

hemoglobin-9

Dear colleaggues, I'm Ingrid Hilman, MD, 58 years. had my stenting on 17 Feb, 3 stents in LAD and RCA.

Since 2 weeks ago, I develop severe headaches, esp during the iningt or when I wake up in the morning and also palpitation (heart rate > 90). I feel weak during palpitation. I do not have hypertension (my BP is between 90-110 and 70-80). I do not have obesity, smoking habits, my lab is pretty good only LDL 100.

Is this because of the herbresser that I take 3 times a day?

Other drug that I take;

- Aspirin 1 x 100 mg

- Plavix 1 x 75 mg

- Lipitor 1 x 10 mg.

Appreciate your inputs on my above complaints. Thank you very much

I am 54 yrs man. Last morning when I masterbaded, i passed some rust coulured semen and some light yellow coloured semen. I am single for the last 12 yrs but have had irregular sex with few partners with healthy and good background. I have no other problem, except high BP for which I take medicene and the BP remain under control. I also maintain normal health and am regularly practicing yoga. But I am very worried about the red semens. Pl advice what to do. Many Thanks!

I am a 25 yr old female that has recently lost 70 pounds and suffers from pcos. I am off all the bp medicines I was taking, and have been on a gluten free diet since 4/21/11 b/c I am allergic to wheat. I have been getting dizzy, lightheaded, and have a fast heart rate and low blood pressure when standing or sitting up. my heart rate is usually in the 60 -70 range when resting, and it's been in the high 90 - 100 range while resting. The dizziness started Sunday 6/19/11 all of a sudden, and I have kept track of my BP and symptoms since Sunday. I get this intense pressure in my head, and the get dizzy, and my heart will race when I start to feel yucky, I have trouble breathing, when my heart rate is up this high for no apparent reason. My BP will be 93/62 and HR 101 standing, or it can be 114/65 and HR 80 a few minutes later.. but if I go from lying down to sitting, it will be elevated, then it elevates when I stand, if I lay down everything is fine.. the pressure in my head goes away, the dizzyness goes away, and the HR goes back to normal... I have a shunt in place for hydrocephalus, my first shunt was placed at the age of two weeks, and first revision was done 4/5/2010. I want to know what is causing this fluctuation in BP and the dizziness, and fast HR...thanks

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...