Does working out increase your BP ?

does working out increase your blood pressure ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
While you're working out, yes, but it will cause it to be lower when at rest, which is usually a good thing.

I am 33 years and have been taking Telma H for the last 5 years. Recently my dose was increased to Telma H 80Mg. However towards the evening my BP is again shooting to 130/100. I may need to take another medicine in evening. My weight is 95kg and my work is stressful. The rest of my Lipid profile reports are normal. Will taking BP medicines from such an early age have an adverse effect and in what ways?

my doctor put me on losartan 50mg,it didn t lower my bp but the good thing was no side effects so he increased my dosage to 100mg I now have many ide effects and lower bp. I can not continue taking something that make me dizzy, tired, numb, swollen. After 1 month on 50mg he hought 100mg would work. What can I do I have switched bp meds 5 times nothing seem to work

I m vineethchowdary 25 years old i work as software engineer one day i had felt down from bus so i went to doctor so they had checked my BP at that time it was 190/100 they told to take rest for that night and they have rechecked on next day afternoon and it was 160/80 and doctor has assisted to take some check up. I had checks like chest x ray, blood tests, blood pressure monitor, ecg , kidney function and CT scan for brain but they are normal and doctor told to wait for a couple of weeks to have again a checkup but two day back i had checked by BP it was 150-160/80-90(two three checkups),so the problem is still continuing so how can i over come it with out any tablets.but now my health is good but some times if i work more than 10hrs per day i m feeling headache if i m feeling any tension or any such thing my heart beat is increasing and again i m getting headache and also i m feeling uneasy.In my daily work some times unnecessarily for small cause i m feeling tense so how could i over come it with out any medicine by daily diet and etc.. and please suggest me the best thing to reduce tense. My Height ---182 cms Weight----86 Kgs

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hello, I am a 51 year old female who is having problems with an inability to absorb calcium and I have a Hct of 30. My past hx is hypertension at 14, diabetes at 27. 2 pregnancy full term and 1 miscarriage, and DJD, 2 herneated dics. @ age 50 1st MCI and developed a low sodium count of 112 causing seizures. and in 2 weeks had another heart attack and ended up with a stint in the main branch this all happen in a six period in 2012. And in June 2013 I had a massive stroke and a grand mall seizure. In a coma I was suppose to recover from. being that I was 60 percent brain dead. But I recovered, I had a hx post pardium cardiomyopathy after last pregnancy. And a hysterectomy in 2001, and a gastric bypass in 2003. @ the time of surgery I weighed 337. I weigh 200. And have been down to 185 but no longer take dieuretics as I did before. Because of the low sodium and such. I need to have some fat removed especially the apron. I am 5 foot 6inches. I have had these problems and been near death to many times.

I've been constipated about 6 days. During that time I have also had short bouts of feeling jittery, anxious, and light headed once or twice.

When I take my pulse, it remains slow and steady. any ideas? I'm 49, 6'2, 205, moderately active. No history of heart disease or high bp. Don't know my cholesterol levels.

hi my father was 76 and died of ischaemic heart disease and severe coronary atherosclerosis: heart hypertrophy and chronic congestive heart failure he was waiting for tests to be done with waiting lists 14 weeks i need to know if he could of been cured if he was seen sooner rather than later

i am 38 years old, 6'5" and 330 pounds. I've been having severe heart palpitations with shortness of breath that seems to rise up my body. First i get a warm feeling in my left ear, then i get very dizzy and start seeing white spots, then it feels like i'm losing oxygen to my head and i start to blackout. it usually goes away after i close my eyes and sit still. i have been to cardiologists who told me that i have high blood pressure and could lose weight, but my angiogram, etc. all prove normal. i am taking a beta blocker (cardovilol or something) plust a high blood pressure medication.

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...