• question-icon

Does use of glycerine cause pimples?

HELLO! I've got dehydrated skin. I tried using glycerin on my face but it feels very sticky and oily. And I hate the warm sensational given by glycerin. Does glycerin causes pimple and is it bad for my skin. and is there any way of wearing glycerin without the sticky and warm feeling?
Sat, 3 May 2014
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
**
1. since glycerin is hyper osmotic i.e. it dry your skin from the inside out, and since you have got a dehydrated skin thus along with use minimal use of glycerin, minimize soap and water contact to prevent dryness and use light sunscreen with high SPF [sunscreen protection factor]
2. There isn't a single universal formula to treat pimples, and glycerin is not your cure, make an appointment with your Dermatologist to evaluate your conditions.
3. warm sensation is your face skin reacting to something it has an intolerance for, and pure glycerin can destroy your skin causing acne bursts,[cystic acne] you may use it on trial and error basis.
4. If you still want glycerin, mix it after with rose water or aloe vera and use as gentle toner.