• question-icon

Does usage of Restasis cause severe dryness in eye?

I'm curious...I'm an ophthalmic Tech who is now working for an OD. We have a patient who has been on Restasis for over 6 years and it seems her dryness is getting worse. She is also on Lumigan and does have a hx of blepharitis. Any ideas on what could be causing the increased dryness even with the Restasis?
Thu, 20 Nov 2014
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hello
Welcome to Health care Magic.

I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.

I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that your patient is using restasis eye drops. Restasis eye drops is used for treatment of dry eyes and use of restasis will not lead to dry eyes.
Hence your patient requires evaluation and treatment of dry eyes depending on the severity of the condition.

Hope the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.

Thank you
With regards