• question-icon

Does travelling affect conception?

I am 25 years old.My weight is 49 Kg.I am 5 feet 2 inches tall.I had an intrautrinal fetal death in my second trimester.This happened seven months back.Now we are trying for a baby.Now i am 8 days post ovulation.I had to travel last day and experienced a white discharge i the evening of the day I travelled. Does travel effect the chances of getting pregnant?
Mon, 22 Dec 2014
I understand your concern.
After ovulation, ovum unites with sperm to form fertilized ovum.The fertilized ovum gets attached to uterine wall & starts getting oxygen from maternal circulation,to be used for fetal development.
This takes place by 6-12 days of fertilization. The connection between fetus & uterus is made of delicate tissue to start with-gradually it further develops to form placenta 12-weeks of pregnancy.
* Obviously any untoward stress/jerk,/ blow/ hasty movements from 6-12 days of fertilization may turn harmful for pregnancy.However, a journey without the risky factors / done with full comfort ,may remain uneventful.
- Some times the day of journey may not co inside implantation, and risk may be escaped even in case of stressful traveling
* still it is always better to avoid stressful travels in 6-15 post ovulation days to avoid unpleasant event.
* The white discharge you had noticed can be a normal reaction of uterus to pregnancy--- provided it is not excess/ no cramps/ any red,pink discharge.
* In short effect of travel on pregnancy in early days need not be always dreadful -if taken care of /managed properly.
Thanks.