Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Does the painful hard lump on the shin after an injury indicate fracture or just a bruise ?

While catching for one of the pitchers on my son’s baseball team, I got hit in my shin with the baseball. I have a bruise, which is very sore to the touch and there is a hard visible lump has been on my shin for a week. The area of the leg that got hit swelled up to the size of a baseball. Most of the swelling has gone down, but the lump is hard and sore to the touch. Also, my heel and ankle now are discolored. Could this be a fracture or just a bruise?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  801
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It could be a subcutaneous tissue damage or even a hairline fracture which can be managed. Is it painful to walk on. You need t get an X-ray to confirm. Take pain killers like Tablet Acetaminophen 500mg three times a day over food for pain relief. Visit your Orthopaedician for proper management.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor