Does the heart need to rest?

What makes the Human heart beat and continue to beat for years and years ? What makes the Human heart beat and continue to beat for years and years ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Electrical impulses fired in the sinoatrial node

i am trying to determine if I am having heart attack symptoms or if I just need some rest. I am a F 60 years old, overweight and i am having pain in my chest, middle to left side and cough if i breath too deeply. Very concerned, but don t want to overreact

I have a resting heart rate in the 40s and at times it starts racing for short periods. I also suffer from migraines and I know I have an arachnoid cyst in my brain. I had a large cyst in my left lung that caused the need to remove the entire left lower lobe 3 years ago at Cedars Sinai Host in LA. I am a 24 year old female and starting my career as a videographer in Nashville, but the past week have barely been able to work due to extreme fatigue, headaches, and low heart rate in 40s. Do you think it s possible that all these symptoms are related?

49yo female. Recent 12 lead ECG test displayed I had a heart attack. Believe it happened few nights prior, waking me out of sleep. Had warning sign of heartburn sensation but didn t realize it until after the fact. Had an echocardio gram that showed no blockage. Have a stress test scheduled but if echo showed no blockage (taken when body at rest, as it was when I thought I had a heart attack)...do I really need to do the stress test??... thinking what I thought was a heart attack, may really only be a sleep disorder experience