Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

128 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Does taking Toprol for heart disease and high BP cause rash in my body

I am 53 years old and weigh 302 lbs. I have a small rash (welt-like) on my side. It s been there for approx 4 weeks now. It doesn t itch. I have put both hydrocortisone cream and an antifungal cream on it. The rash seems to deminish (but does not go away). Then it returns. I have heart disease and high blood pressure and am currently taking Toprol, Plavix, Norvasc and Hydrochlorothiazide. Can any of these medications trigger such a reaction?
Sat, 7 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.It seems that you might be having either fungal infection or rash due to excessive heat,normally produced in the area.Please do not use steroid cream without medical advise.Your medicines has not caused this.It is better that if you are concerned please see a doctor and then get treated.bye and take care.
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

If you have responded to the combination treatment ,then most probably its a fungal infection.I would suggest you to use a plain anti fungal cream with oral anti fungal tablet for initial 2 weeks .If you respond to it then continue it for another 2 weeks.If not then switch over to a plain steroid cream .

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....