Does taking Pepto-Bismol after Ibuprofen cause any dangerous side effects?

Hello. I had a bad headache earlier and took some ibuprofen. I began to realize it was a migraine and looked up to see if it was okay to take an excedrin with it. The first thing I saw said it’d be okay, so I did. But then I read more and found out that you shouldn’t stack them because they could both cause stomach bleeding or ulcers. I’ve been having slight stomach pain since then, I assume because of irritation from the mix. So I took some pepto, and I just read and found out that it also shouldn’t be mixed with ibuprofen because of the stomach bleeding possible side effect. Am I going to be okay??
Wed, 5 Sep 2018

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood you concern. Please find my advice as following. It is true that the use of some anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen is associated with some undesirable side effects including stomach bleeding.

However, this does not mean they should happen especially if used occasionally. So, should not be worried unnecessarily, you will be fine, and hopefully nothing bad will happen. If irritated stomach, take antacid and will be ok.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel