Does taking Metoprolol and Amlodipine twice within a three hour span cause any side effects?

There has been a mistake in my husbands regularly scheduled nighttime medications. He mistakenly took his night medications twice within a 3 hour span. The two medications I am concerned about are: metoprolol besylate, 10 mgsucc er, 50 mg and amlodipine. These would be doubled. Need for concern? Please advise. Thank you, Noreen Judd YYYY@YYYY Did not realize there is a charge....cancel
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Metoprolol and Amlodipine may both lower his blood pressure. Metoprolol may lower his pulse rate as well. In most cases the patient may feel normal. If his blood pressure or pulse rate drop significantly, particularly if he develops symptoms of faintness, cold sweats, etc then urgent assessment would be required. Otherwise he'll just have to wait for the drugs to be eliminated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.