Does swollen neck and earache be the symptoms of Hyperthyroidism?

hi there, ive just had results back stating my thyroid is overactive, the right side of my neck is very swollen and uncomfortable swallowing.. i also get earache the same side.. i cant get to see the speacialist for 3 weeks and very worried.. im a 37 yr old female
Thu, 20 Oct 2016
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.
Hyperthyroidism or over active thyroid associated with pain in the thyroid gland and/or subfebrile temperature are suggestive of subacute thyroiditis.
To confirm or rule out it you need to check;
-Full blood count and ESR.
-Proteine C reactive
-An ultrasound of the thyroid gland.
If the pain gets worse you may take ibuprofen 400 mg if you do not have contraindications.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta