Does sugar turn into bad cholesterol ?

Does sugar turn into bad cholesterol?
Sun, 18 Jul 2010
Lab Tests ,  
's  Response
Oh, who cares, sugar is YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response
Does sugar turn into bad cholesterol?
arm's  Response
Does sugar turn into bad cholesterol?

im male 40 years old and all my levels were in good numbers but my good cholesterol was on 32 ,is that risky? all my tryglicerides, bad cholesterol(180), sugar etc were in normal numbers, only my good cholesterol was on 32 and the minimum is 40, am i in risk?

Hi Doctor - I have a problem with bad blood circulation throughout my body. Is there anything I can do to eliminate the bad plaque and cholesterol in my body? Today I was outside when I went to the dump to get rid of some trash. My index and the next 2 fingers on my right hand went numb and turned white (no blood)the same on my left hand as well. I am on warfarin 3.5 daily because they are having a problem regulating my readings. Last blood test was 1.8 I know the problem is plaque and cholesterol so what can I do at home to eliminate this? I am 71 year old male still in pretty good health except this - can you suggest something I can do or take at home for this? PEASE HELP !!!

In September I fainted while out in about in a store. Shortly after that, I came on my period but it only lasted 2 days. My period for the last 4 months has been lasting for only 2 days. I am 25 years old and this has never happened. I took a pregnancy test a month ago (2 months after I started having 2 day periods) and it turned up negative. I almost fainted a second time in November. I have not seen a doctor because I recently got a new job and moved to a different state and have yet to find a provider especially considering I have been traveling often. I got a biometric screening done and all my numbers were normal. I had high bad cholestoral but very a good number for my good cholestoral. I just wanted a probable cause to this until I can schedule a doctors appointment. I have also gained weight.

Recent questions on  Cholesterol

I am 31 years old, having BP 140/83 , and total cholestrol 6.98 mmol/l,Atherogenic index 4.25,LDL cholestrol 4.68 mmol/l,Alanine transferase 76.1 U/L.My problem is sometimes i am getting a feeling of fainting / feeing of imbalance and till now i havent start any medications yet .My father died at very early stage because of heart attack( 1 st attack). So whether i have to take medications for BP or cholestrol or both? What can be the reasong for feeling of imbalance?? Thanks, mathew

I am a 48 year old woman who is taking 5 mg Zyprexa(olanzapine), 50 mg nozanan, 5 mg zopiclone, 300 mg effexor time release, as well as blood pressure pills and cholesterol pills. I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and bipolar . Is it safe for me to take Champix? My psychiatrist is hesitant.

I am a 55 yr old female, 5 5 , weighing 140 lbs. I walk apprx 4 miles daily (16 min mile) for exercise. I recently had blood work done and found my overall cholesterol numbers to be 255, with LDL: 162, HDL: 62, and Trig 57. My glucose is 81. THey checked my blood pressure and it was 110/62. I take niacin (500 mg), fish oil (2000mg), and flaxseed oil (1200mg) daily, though I do miss daily doses occasionally. What should be my course of action to get back myself back in the number ranges I need to be? Thank you

i went to the dr. 4 months ago and they said i need to lower my cholesterol are they would have to put me on medication. so i went back this week and had the test done and my overall cholesterol lowered from 220 to 212 but my trygliseride went up to 398 should i be worried?

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.