Does stopping Evista cause tight sensation in the calf muscles?

I had breast cancer in 2009 and developed osteoporosis by 2012. By increasing calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium, taking once a year infusion of zomeda, and taking evista daily I have not had a recurrence of cancer and was able to reverse my osteoporosis. I am still taking evista daily and all the supplements. I know it is the evista that causes pain in the pads of my toes and fingertips. I ve had to stop taking it from time to time to reduce the pain. I ve been off of it for approx 2 weeks and I m getting very tight feeling in my calf muscles as though I ve been heavily exercising or running. Is it from not taking the evista?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Evista is composed of Raloxifene.
It is used to treat or prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Stopping it can cause bone pains, the lower limbs in particular.
It might have been aggravated and manifested as calf muscle symptoms due to heavy exercising.
Kindly take the medication as prescribed and do not change the schedule without consulting your doctor.
Also, take care not to over exert yourself by exercising. Drink plenty of fluids with supplementation of electrolytes adequately. Take antioxidant medications containing Vitamin E, Selenium and Vitamin C regularly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.