Does romilast had side effects on prolonged use?

Doctor Saheb, My daughter aged 18 years (+50 Kg) is having Asthma problem since the age of 4 years. She is taking Romilast B10 since last five years. During these years only two/ three times she requires enabuliser otherwise she is OK. Further, whenever she feels problem she takes SEROFLO 250 mg rotacap. Now, I want to know whether consuming Romilast B10 for so many years is safe. Does it will be have any side-effects on the life of my daughter. Your expert advise certainly help us please. Thanks and Regards,
Fri, 16 Jul 2021

Romilast B 10 contains both bambuterol and montelukast that is used to treat bronchospasm, bronchial asthma and its associated symptoms like wheezing, shortness of breath. It makes it easier to breathe by relaxing the muscles of the air passages. It is safe and effective medication for long term use. But, like other medications, this medication has some mild side effects of its own. Side effects of this medication are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flu like symptoms, palpitations, changes in sleep patterns, skin rashes, muscle cramps, restlessness, headache, stomach pain, joint pain, anxiety, increased thirst, difficulty in swallowing, allergic reactions etc. Most of these side effects are mild as well as self limiting and usually go away on their way over time without any medical treatment. But, if these side effects persist for long or bother you, then you should consult your doctor first for medical attention.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you.

Dr. Zubayer Alam, General And Family Physician,