Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Does prolonged use of soya milk cause infertility males?

My son has cmpi and is on hydrolysed formula by prescription. Unfortunately he doesn t like the taste so I am mixing it with soya milk. Which nusobee can I use in This case. I was abroad and the soya milk is not of different variety. Also does soya milk cause infertility in male babies when they grow up?? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. if your baby is allergic to cmpi [cow-milk protein intolerance], soy milk is an ideal choice as soya milk or soya yogurt but is not recommended under 6 months.
2. Just make sure your son is getting balanced nutrition and lots of fresh air and excercise and not too much exposure to chemicals (which can be reproductive and neurotoxins).
3. genistein the active ingredient of soya,according to study acts as an oestrogen or an anti-androgen, blocking the function of endogenous androgens - the sex hormones necessary for males to develop a normal reproductive system.The warning is supported by the Scientific Advisory Committee On Nutrition, which advises the British Government.
4. still talk with your Doctor about the same and may prefer almond, rice, hazelnut and other kind of milk.
Answered: Sat, 12 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor