Does olive oil is good for health?

We all know that oil is bad for health and it can cause heart diseases but i heard my friend say that olive oil does not cause problem to the heart but is good for the skin... is it true?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yes you are right. The beneficial health effects of olive oil are due to both its high content of monounsaturated fatty acids and its high content of antioxidative substances. Studies have shown that olive oil offers protection against heart disease by controlling LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels while raising HDL (the "good" cholesterol) levels. (1-3) No other naturally produced oil has as large an amount of monounsaturated as olive oil -mainly oleic acid. Visit the following link for more details. http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/olive-oil.htm