Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Does my varying BP reading need medication ?

I am 33.5 years old female. i have borderline hypertension around 130/85 since 3-4 years. But alternating readings last year have been 130/85 and 140/90, I take one reading every month. Just now 4 days back I got reading of 150/95, and have neck stiffness and pain in the head at the back. Do I need medication. I try to follow diet restrictions and exercise.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  113
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
why not get a 2d echo with color doppler test done to check your ef%. It will indicate if there is any blockage in your arteries.Check for more help.
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello..‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’
yes you need to take medication for the hypertension..
consult your doctor for that..
blood pressure tend to fluctuate the whole day.. and as your diatolic is 95 it will require anti-hypertensive.medicines..
the pain in the neck and headache these are also symptoms of hypertension
get a lipid profile test done.. bp and ecg done..
drink lots of water cut down on salt.. fried and oily foods..
take adequate rest n sleep..
regular deep breathing exercise is also helpful..
you can take tonicard drops thrice daily its a homeopathic medicines acts as a hear tonic and helps in the circulation of the blood..
wishing you good health..

Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor