Does my knee require a surgery?

Mri of left knee demonstrates intrasubstance degeneration of the medial meniscus a superimposed complex tear involving the posterior horn and body segment, with a prominent horizontal cleavage component yielding parameniscal ganglion cysts. Do I need surgery?
Tue, 19 Feb 2019
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response

Well to come to a point to mention , MRI report only suggest what is in the position of the knee internal structures rather claiming it as diagnosis. An MRI report can suggest many things but the actual decision depends upon the physical examination what is done in clinical basis.

So let me ask you this, are you having any pain in the medial side of the knee? what will you rate the pain in a scale of 0-100? What is your current knee ROM, example Knee bending? is it above 120° pain free? or 90-100° with pain?

If your range of knee is painful then with the current MRI suggests of knee replacement. But as I mentioned that decision can be taken only on clinical examination by an orthopedist. I have only given my opinion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Jay Indravadan Patel,
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist