Does medication for acid reflux cause renal cortex thinning?

Hello I recently was diagnosed with Renal Cortical thinning. I am otherwise in perfect health. No snoking drinking or drugs. Im sure that this was caused by the drugs I was taking for my Acid Reflux both prescribed and over the counter. My question is I have stopped taking them. Can the loss of nephrons regenerate themselves to an extent if the cause or irritant is eliminated Thank you so much
Wed, 10 Aug 2016
HI
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, in your case the clinical symptoms and condition matters the great else the pathological findings or imaging findings would not be taken as granted for any opinion here, now as long as your query is concern it is better to continue taking the acid reflux controlling medicines it will not cause any renal ill effects hope this information helps.