Owl Image

Does masturbation cause acne ?

when i masturbate more than 5 times a week always i have boils on my face or body and you say masturbation doesnt have anything to do with it
Thu, 29 Dec 2011
Masturbation has nothing to do with the boiles you get,it may be co incidence.
That means you get full of boiles if you masturbate daily !
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
Well, this is a phenomenon which is reported by some of my patients. You are not the first one. So I will not completely refute it. Though it has not been proved in clinical studies. But theoretically or rather hypothetically speaking, masturbation MAY lead to increased testosterone (temporarily), which may stimulate the pilosebaceous unit and MAY cause an outbreak. As you see there are too many MAYs in this hypothesis. Further, most of the subjects do not report any increase in acne with masturbation.
There are many confounding factors involved when you correlate your acne with masturbation. So it is difficult to accept this theory at this point of time.
It is like, you eat a banana and it rains. The next day again you eat a banana and it rains again. You will be tempted to believe that there is a correlation. But the other thing that you need to check- Is this the MONSOON season?? Am I in Cherapunji?....you know what I mean...
Wish you good health