Does long term heavy smoking lead to sperm abnormalities ?

Does long term heavy smoking lead to abnormal amounts of chromosomes in the sperm or any sperm abnormalities?
Fri, 13 Apr 2012
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Cigarette smoking is injurious to health and has bad effects on entire body from head to toe.Smoking has deleterious effect on cardiovascular system causing and exacerbation of atherosclerosis leading to thickening of arteries and peripheral vascular disease.The penile blood flow is decreased and results in erectile dysfunction along with reduced semen count along with altered morphology of sperms.This may result in infertility.Thanks and good luck.