Does it take long for periods to become regular after an abortion?

Hello I had the abortion done in feb/March , my period returned a month after in April 10th. I am awaiting for my period to return this month but it’s 10 days late . I’ve taken a pregnancy test as a precaution , it’s negative . Does it take long for the period to regular itself after an abortion ? Is it something I should worry about ? I have been under some stress lately too , could this be the factor too ? Thank you
Tue, 25 Sep 2018

It takes around 1-2 months to return to a regular rhythm.

If you persistently experience irregular cycles after the abortion, better to consult a gynecologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,