Does it matter which arm I take my blood pressure in?

blood pressure high in right arm, normal in left arm. Does it matter which arm I take my blood pressure in?
Sun, 7 Mar 2010
's  Response

is normal that your right arm get's a higer reading is more distance from the heart and need more presure get get there always read in the left is closer from the heart and it gives yoou a more realistic reading .To lower high blood presure you need to have a healthy diet rich in fiber grains and protein, low fat milk derivated products and no no to the fast food eat a least 5 or 6 times a day a very good breackfast with white eggs and yogurt and a citric and snack many times every 3 hours put something small and healthy in your mouth to speed up metabolism ,ahh last but very important exercise 3 to 4 times a week one hour minimun with some cardio and light weight lifting .for more help contact me at www.lagunamma.com    take care vladimir loco laguna mma fighter

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

HI, I have a cuffed blood pressure monitor. When I took my blood pressure in my left arm it was 127/85 and in my right arm it's 133/101. What does that mean.

albert's  Response
hiya, i have to have blood pressure taken every week and often wondered why they always did it on my left arm,i did ask and they said it was because your right arm is nearest to your heart,so it will always be higher in your right arm.So they take it on your left arm to get a right reading.hope this helps