Does irregularity in periods cause an abnormality in the baby since we are planning ?

I am 25 years old and i got married on jan 2010. my periods were regular 28 days cycle earlier before marriage. we dint take any pills nor any measures for not to conceive. Inbetween in Aug 2010 and Jan 2011 i had my periods cycle to 45 days.but the periods wl lasts for 5 days then later again for the past two months im having irregular periods. MY LMP was on 04-04 and still i dint get my periods. we are not trying for the baby but then irregularity retains. Shld i consult the doctor?? BECAUSE we are planning for baby next month, irregularity in periods wl develop abnormal baby or any other problems?
Wed, 25 Jan 2012