Does interstitial injury to anterior cruciate ligament require a reconstruction surgery ?

I am Ganesh and have a question on ligament injuries to my left knee.

I suffered a knee slip while walking and had swelling and stiffness in my knee joint. Initially I was advised diagnosed with ACL Laxity and advised rest and brace. On second opinion post an MRI, I am being advised corrective surgery (reconstruction)
The MRI Report says -
Interstitial injury to Anterior Cruciate Ligament
Interstitial injury with partial disruption at proximal mid segment of Posterior Cruciate Ligament
Grade 1 signal changes at Posterior Horn of medial meniscus
Mild joint effusion extending to suprapatellar bursa

Can you please let me know if reconstruction is mandatory in such a case or if physiotherapy and exercises would be sufficient?

Thanks
Ganesh
Mon, 17 Feb 2014