Does intake of steroids while planning for a baby cause genetic issues and result in abnormal baby ?

My husband is suffering from Protein loss so doctor has prescribed 60mg of Wysolone(steriods) , he is taking steriods from past 3 weeks, we are planning for a baby, will this cause any genetic issues in baby? is it safe to have a baby when he is on steriods dosage .. We have heard it causes genetic issues and can result in abnormal babies is it true?
Wed, 18 Jan 2012
Hello
Welcome to health care magic forum
father consumption of steroids don`t harm baby ,but mothers consumption definitely harm baby.
Wish you good health
Disclaimer