• question-icon

Does intake of Biaxin cause recurring vomiting?

Hi, my husband started to take biaxin (1 tablet 500 mg once a day) yesterday and he is vomiting since. Should he stop taking it, or continue til Monday to see a doctor again? Is it possibly alergic reaction or side effect? please let me know, thank you
Thu, 7 May 2015
Hello dear user!
Welcome to HCM!

Yes vomiting is one of the most common side effect of Biaxin.
You haven't mentioned what your husband has taken Biaxin for but you he may take Ranitidin or Domperidone to diminish side effect of biacin and stop the vomiting. If the situation is not supportable he should stop taking the medication and consult the doctor.

Kind regards!
Dr Eriol.