Does high prolactin level cause gynecomastia?

Hi I'm a 26 year old male who suffered from tubular gynecomasty since I was 15-16 years old. Recently I moved to a larger city where I had health care and better professionals. I went to see a surgeon who sent me to various other doctors to do a lot of test. I reached the local endocrinologist who sent me to do a blood test, when they came back it was determine that I have high prolactin 720 out of 450 in the first measurement, after 15 minutes of waiting they took another prolactine test and it was 712 out of 450.
The endocrinologist doubts that I have a pituitary tumor and prescribed Dostimex pills and an MRI. Unfortunately in my country you wait long to get an MRI so my term is in September 2014. Private MRI's are expensive 350 $ or more.
Do you think that my gynecomastia is tied to high prolactine? If so how come that I had gynecomastia for 11-12 years?
Do you think that I could try some diet changes instead of taking drugs, perhaps some prolactine inhibitors (maca, ginseng, ...)?
Thank you very much
Thu, 2 Nov 2017