Owl Image

Does heart stop beating while hiccup?

does your heart stop beating when you hiccup?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
NO! An irregularity in your heart beat is dangerous and not caused by hiccups (or sneezing). A hiccup is an involuntary spasm of your diaphragm.

I have started feeling one strong heart beat and then it beats normal for a while. I have been nauseated and have had the hiccups a lot lately too. Just trying to find out if something is serious could be happening. I have diabetes - not under control very well and high blood pressure--I just started taking my medication for this after not taking it for a while because I didn t have my prescription filled.

HELP! IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A DOCTOR THAT WILL HELP MY DAD HES 67 AND HAD A HEART ATTACK WHILE IN WATER FROM A FLASH FLOOD WE HAD AND DROWNED IN THE WATER WHICH CAUSED SALEMELLA POSION HE WAS IN THE UNIVERSITY IN JULY FOR 3 MONTHS.. HE IS HOME NOW AND RECOVERED FROM THAT HE HAS HAD HICCUPS SINCE HE LEFT THE UNIVERSITY AND CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE SINCE THEN SO THEY SAID HE VOMITS 10-15 TIMES A DAY AND NOW HIS ARMS HURT SEVERLY HES ON HEART MEDS, AND BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS, THEY HAVE EXOTIC BIRDS IS THIS CAUSE OF STOMACH PROBLEMS? HIS DR SAID NO BECAUSE OF SOME SCAN THEY DID WAS NOT A TRIANGLE? HE IS SEVERLY ILL AND NO DOCTOR HAS ANY ANSWERS REALLY JUST POKE HIM WITH STRONG MEDS FOR HICCUPS WHICH WILL WORK FOR A DAY OR TWO WE HAVE RACKED UP OVER 200,000 DOLLARS IN DOCTOR BILLS FROM THIS ACCIDENT FROM BACK IN JULY! ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MY FAMILY? WE ARE DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS!! PLEASE HELP US

DEAR SIR, I M SUFFERING FROM CHRONIC HICCUPS FROM FEB 2012, DOCTOR DIAGNOSED HIATUS HERNIA,NO HEART BURN, NO STOMACH PAIN,ONLY I LOST WEIGHT..IF I VOMIT AFTER LOTS OF WATER.. THEN IT S STOP, AFTER SLEEPING IT STOPS..IN 2012 I HAD GASES PROBLEM.. PLEASE HELP ME..

Recent questions on Cardiovascular disease

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

l am a 51yrs old sudanese schoolteacher 5 ft six inches of height 55kgs weight diagnoesd in Kuwait chest hospital in 1989 as a vsd sevesre pulmonary hypertension and not indicated for surgery i got married in 1998 with three duaghters 12_10_8 .l know my case very well and l ve heart disease history a younger brother had died of heart failure and four youger brothers died in their baby hood they were likely have the same disease .my parents are close relatives and they still alive with reasnable health according to thier age.l was hospitalised in1986and 2006 for haemoptasis. I have been suffering recently from feet swelling and neck and shoulders stiffness specially when l carry any something over ten kilos of weight accompanied with a high fever and l feel the area very hot a two days ago echo showed that the case is normal a chest xray showed in the day that heart is not enlarged but not in good health other lab results 2days ago esr 8 mm/h.hb119.5percent uricacid 6.0 my question is what are the exepected symptoms and comlications in this case and how to deal with them.email: YYYY@YYYY cell 0000

Hi Hoctor, My mother went to perform angiogram 2 years before. Doctors results shows of Ischaemic heart disease, Mild hypertensive heart n normal LV function. She under meditation for cholosterol n diabates. She having problem with occacasional cough n cold for d past 70 days... so what was d reason n what we should do?

my mother is a hypertensive patient currently taking the hypertension medication. recently her bp has been fluctuating from 140/85 to 220/12 in matter of hours. what tests should she do? the family physician is asking her to do CT scan, blood work, and etc. unfortunately, with no insurance, it is hard to get these done.. which one is most vital test that should be done first?

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine