Does heart stop beating while hiccup?

does your heart stop beating when you hiccup?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
's  Response
NO! An irregularity in your heart beat is dangerous and not caused by hiccups (or sneezing). A hiccup is an involuntary spasm of your diaphragm.

I have started feeling one strong heart beat and then it beats normal for a while. I have been nauseated and have had the hiccups a lot lately too. Just trying to find out if something is serious could be happening. I have diabetes - not under control very well and high blood pressure--I just started taking my medication for this after not taking it for a while because I didn t have my prescription filled.

HELP! IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A DOCTOR THAT WILL HELP MY DAD HES 67 AND HAD A HEART ATTACK WHILE IN WATER FROM A FLASH FLOOD WE HAD AND DROWNED IN THE WATER WHICH CAUSED SALEMELLA POSION HE WAS IN THE UNIVERSITY IN JULY FOR 3 MONTHS.. HE IS HOME NOW AND RECOVERED FROM THAT HE HAS HAD HICCUPS SINCE HE LEFT THE UNIVERSITY AND CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE SINCE THEN SO THEY SAID HE VOMITS 10-15 TIMES A DAY AND NOW HIS ARMS HURT SEVERLY HES ON HEART MEDS, AND BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS, THEY HAVE EXOTIC BIRDS IS THIS CAUSE OF STOMACH PROBLEMS? HIS DR SAID NO BECAUSE OF SOME SCAN THEY DID WAS NOT A TRIANGLE? HE IS SEVERLY ILL AND NO DOCTOR HAS ANY ANSWERS REALLY JUST POKE HIM WITH STRONG MEDS FOR HICCUPS WHICH WILL WORK FOR A DAY OR TWO WE HAVE RACKED UP OVER 200,000 DOLLARS IN DOCTOR BILLS FROM THIS ACCIDENT FROM BACK IN JULY! ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MY FAMILY? WE ARE DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS!! PLEASE HELP US

DEAR SIR, I M SUFFERING FROM CHRONIC HICCUPS FROM FEB 2012, DOCTOR DIAGNOSED HIATUS HERNIA,NO HEART BURN, NO STOMACH PAIN,ONLY I LOST WEIGHT..IF I VOMIT AFTER LOTS OF WATER.. THEN IT S STOP, AFTER SLEEPING IT STOPS..IN 2012 I HAD GASES PROBLEM.. PLEASE HELP ME..

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

Hi I had sever mitral',valve reguritation in june when was pregnant, my last heart scan showed the leaking had slowed/stopped, I am due another heart scan next week, but these last few days been experiencing bad circulation in my feet when i get out of bed, have always had in my hands but never my feet,'will this be due to my heart problem?

Hello Dr, 41 year old, non-smoker, 1-5 units of alcohol a week, active, no other health issues. Family history of heart problems (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ), have been checked and do not have it, although have a slight thickening of arterial knuckle which gets monitored. I m getting what feels like pulses or faint flutters from my oesophagus region to the top of my sternum region, these symptoms are infrequent during the day to sometimes non-existent, but at night the symptoms only occur when laid on my back or on my left side (they disappear when I m lying on my right side?) and feel more constant with a heart beat ie pulses at a constant rate. Occasionally have slight breathlessness since this has started 1 week ago. Now I ve had a slight upset stomach (although not constipated I ve not been regular) the last week and the symptoms do seem to be more present when I have heavy feeling in my stomach and then subside once I pass wind. Is the pulses/flutter linked to this and could be a blockage and wind not escaping? Or something else?

My husband's heart is beating loudly and seems to be beating irregularly. I took his blood pressure and it was normal. His heart rate was 102bpm. He also has an urge to cough periodically. He's had these episodes happen before and the cough has helped at times. Do we need to be concerned? His father died from heart disease and started having an irregular heart beat when he was 35.

Recently I have been experiencing a "racing heart" ulse rate upwards to 111, and general tiredness. Is this something to be concerned about since heart disease runs in my family, including a sibling that died from a heat attack at age 57. My age is 56

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine