Does heart stop beating while hiccup?

does your heart stop beating when you hiccup?
Fri, 18 Dec 2009
's  Response
NO! An irregularity in your heart beat is dangerous and not caused by hiccups (or sneezing). A hiccup is an involuntary spasm of your diaphragm.

I have started feeling one strong heart beat and then it beats normal for a while. I have been nauseated and have had the hiccups a lot lately too. Just trying to find out if something is serious could be happening. I have diabetes - not under control very well and high blood pressure--I just started taking my medication for this after not taking it for a while because I didn t have my prescription filled.

HELP! IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A DOCTOR THAT WILL HELP MY DAD HES 67 AND HAD A HEART ATTACK WHILE IN WATER FROM A FLASH FLOOD WE HAD AND DROWNED IN THE WATER WHICH CAUSED SALEMELLA POSION HE WAS IN THE UNIVERSITY IN JULY FOR 3 MONTHS.. HE IS HOME NOW AND RECOVERED FROM THAT HE HAS HAD HICCUPS SINCE HE LEFT THE UNIVERSITY AND CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE SINCE THEN SO THEY SAID HE VOMITS 10-15 TIMES A DAY AND NOW HIS ARMS HURT SEVERLY HES ON HEART MEDS, AND BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS, THEY HAVE EXOTIC BIRDS IS THIS CAUSE OF STOMACH PROBLEMS? HIS DR SAID NO BECAUSE OF SOME SCAN THEY DID WAS NOT A TRIANGLE? HE IS SEVERLY ILL AND NO DOCTOR HAS ANY ANSWERS REALLY JUST POKE HIM WITH STRONG MEDS FOR HICCUPS WHICH WILL WORK FOR A DAY OR TWO WE HAVE RACKED UP OVER 200,000 DOLLARS IN DOCTOR BILLS FROM THIS ACCIDENT FROM BACK IN JULY! ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MY FAMILY? WE ARE DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS!! PLEASE HELP US

DEAR SIR, I M SUFFERING FROM CHRONIC HICCUPS FROM FEB 2012, DOCTOR DIAGNOSED HIATUS HERNIA,NO HEART BURN, NO STOMACH PAIN,ONLY I LOST WEIGHT..IF I VOMIT AFTER LOTS OF WATER.. THEN IT S STOP, AFTER SLEEPING IT STOPS..IN 2012 I HAD GASES PROBLEM.. PLEASE HELP ME..

Recent questions on  Cardiovascular disease

For the past 4 days, my blood pressure has been running anywhere from 130/95 to 120/102. My blood pressure is usually normal (typically 120/78 or so). I have high cholesterol and a family history of heart disease & am 51. What I don t understand is the numbers being close together. My last reading was 119/102.

I am a 44 year old male with a family history of hyperlipidemia and heart disease. My father had a AMI at age 50 and expired. His father expired at age 51 with an AMi. Both were sudden death. I had a Cardiac CTA yesterday which revealed a calcium score of 252. The report revealed a 70-80% blockage to the middle of the LAD with about 50% occlusion on both of the ends. Seeing a cardiologist tomorrow. What do you think the treatment will be for this?

I recently had an ECG after an abnormal EKG. The ECG showed vent. rate 108bpm Sinus tachycardia, PR interval 158 ms, possible left atrial enlargement, QRS duration 88 ms , nonspecific ST abnormality, QT/QTc 368/493 ms, abnormal ECG, P-R-T axes 70 48 58 and prolonged QT. The cardiologist didn t seem very concerned and felt the abnormality was because of the medication I was taking - remeron for sleeping; I suffer from chronic insomnia. I have been on this medication for over two years and have never had any side effects or problems with it. In the past three-four months, however, I have been experiencing chest pains, some severe which is why I went to my physician to get the first EKG which showed a fast heart beat and was referred to the cardiologist for an ECG, EKG and a stress test. I was only on the treadmill for maybe 4 1/3 minutes before I experienced SOB and chest pains. They repeated the ECG and I was told it was abnormal and to discuss my medications with my psychiatrist and that I had nothing to worry about. When I see abnormal ECG, EKG and am taking nitro tablets with a family history of heart disease (father COPD, CHF and angioplasty; grandfather died of a heart attack), I have a tendency not to believe the doctor. I have not even been contacted by my physician for a follow-up visit. Should I be concerned. Cancer also runs in my family; my father died of colon, liver CA and I am breast cancer survivor. I d appreciate your comments. Should I seek another opinion? Thanks, Mary Kopco YYYY@YYYY I am a 61 y.o. white female, 137 lbs w/ hx of cancer (bilateral mastectomy and hysterectomy for CA of uterus), osteoporosis and osteoarthritis, high cholesterol (328), allergic to any statin drugs, being treated with Zetia 10 mg 1 x/day. Presently taking nitro tabs for chest pain, oxybutityn for overactive bladder, clonazepam 1mg 3x/day for anxiety and depression. I look forward to your response. Thank you.

hi my father was 76 and died of ischaemic heart disease and severe coronary atherosclerosis: heart hypertrophy and chronic congestive heart failure he was waiting for tests to be done with waiting lists 14 weeks i need to know if he could of been cured if he was seen sooner rather than later

How do I help my wife of 40 + years who has developed dementia in the last two, getting worse all the time: memory, mood etc. I try to do everything I can for her but she does not cooperate a good share of the time. She sits in a recliner all day...

i lack vitamin D & Vitamin B12 .how manage this two naturally ?

I had completed my routine blood check up 5 days back, I have attached my report. Please review my report & let me know on the actions that need to be taken, am currently consuming 125 mg of thyroxine