Does folic acid deficiency result in abdominal cramps?

Hi, I m a healthy 20 year old female. Suffer really bad from painful bowel movement and abdominal cramping, sometimes it s so intense that I cannot move from pain and I am crippled on the floor. I don t smoke and I don t drink, and my diet is healthy. I have been to the doctors previously and have various tests done with my blood and stool sample however they came back okay bar discover that I have folic acid deficiency. I don t want to go back to the doctors to be told the same thing and at the time I was told it was because of my diet, however I have changed my diet to try to help but nothing helps.
Fri, 16 Jun 2017

Such abdomen pain could be due to colic and it may be due to infection. It could be a mixed type of infection like protozoa and bacteria and to get rid of this I would suggest tab Ornidazole with Ofloxacin. It is better to rule out the gynecological disease.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Akhtarhusain