Does fatty infiltration of the liver due to peripheral edema indicate a serious concern?

46 year old female. exercise intensely 3x week. my BP today was 140/90. was recently dx (last week) with fatty infiltrations on liver due to peripheral edema. Had echo done today with lots of yellow areas on it. diet is moderately healthy. social drinker. what could this mean?
Mon, 24 Sep 2018

Fatty infiltration of the liver is reversible condition and no need to worry regarding that. You have to reduce your weight if obese.

In such case, it's advisable to investigate with random blood sugar estimation and total cholesterol estimation as well for further work up.

Ursodeoxycholic Acid tablet can be prescribed in your case.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami,