Does fatigue and pain indicate a central nervous system disorder?

I am going through the process of diagnosis for MS. I saw a Neurologist today and he also thinks I have something wrong with my central nervous system so I have to have a C-spine MRI. What kinds of illnesses are based in the central nervous system? My body is falling apart so fast. Less than 7 months ago I worked out an hour per day in a gym. Now, I can hardly walk and am in endless pain. I am scared.
Wed, 21 Feb 2018
Neurologist 's  Response
Hello!

My name is Dr. Aida and I am glad to attend you on Healthcaremagic!

Your symptoms could be related to a bulging intervertebral disc and cervical spinal cord compression (also called cervical myelopathy).
It is less likely that you have MS, as the history of your clinical situation is not typical of MS.
Other metabolic causes (vitamin B 12 deficiency) or a tumor should be excluded too.
For this reason, I would recommend a cervical spine and brain MRI study.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Kind regards!