Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Does excessive ejaculation stop or stunt growth?

Anxiety!Anyone plz help i am in depress for 6 months now!reply fast soon(male17) Anyone plz help i am very depress teenager for 6 months now!reply fast & urgent does excessive ejaculation can stop or stunt height?As one doctor told that excessive ejaculation can increase testosterone level which can prematurely or early close the growth plates restricting further height or the ultimate height of that individual.Is it true or if false then why doctor gave this answer. please tell me i am a teenage 17male,and very depressed & stressed.please help Thank you & God bless you.My height is short and i am feeling guilty and cursing my self as it is short due to ejaculation. For 6 months i am depress after that doctor told me. however when at age 16 i went to endocrinologist who did all tests and bone age .My all test were normal but my growth plates had fused at 16.Doctor told me that your height looks to be genetically short,however i did not tell that doctor about my excessive ejaculation i did like 2 to 3 times a day from age 15 which prematurely or close early my growth plates of bone restricting & stunting my height! As now when people make fun of my height, i curse myself and feel very guilty that due to my this excessive ejaculation i have remained short!!!
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Masturbation is considered as a part of normal human sexual behaviour and is very common among young males in their teenage. It does not have any bad effects on health and does not lead to any medical problems.

Ejaculation is a normal phsiological process and does NOT result in stunting of growth or short stature. So, there is no reason to feel gulity about this.

Since your fear and gulit regarding this seems to be excessive and resulting in depressive ideas, please consult a psychiatrist for counselling.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor