Does eating prawns raises the cholesterol level ?

My cholesterol level is on the high side, i.e 6.5. A frind told me that eating prawns can raise my cholesterol level. Is that true?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Medical Topics ,  
's  Response
It's your overall intake that is more important. Blood cholesterol levels are affected more by the amount and type of fat in the diet than the amount of dietary cholesterol. A high intake of saturates, and fat of all types, can increase the amount of cholesterol produced in the liver and so the amount in the blood. Prawns are naturally low in saturated fat, 100g contains only 0.2g. Basically, just eat it as part of a balanced diet. Here read this article.http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/main/v3_Prawn%20FactsheetFINALAMENDED.pdf