Does eating a meal raise blood pressure?

does eating a meal raise blood pressure?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
To a minimal level and there is no symptoms.

Hello, my mother is 63 years old and has a raised ESR of 33 and now 36. She has high blood pressure and has been on medication for about two years or more. She has had lower back pain for many years and now has some occasional wrist pain. However, all blood tests including antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, and blood count are normal except a low neutrophil count. Otherwise, she feels fine and has no infection. However, she has vitamin D deficiency. She had H.pylori some years ago which was treated and has had problems after eating - she felt discomfort after even very small meals. The GP gave her antacid tablets which seemed to help a bit but I am not convinced that it was acidity. I have looked up various sources that show raised ESR, low neutrophils and osteoporosis equals multiple myeloma or other cancers of the colon or breast. In light of the raised ESR of 36, vitamin D deficiency and low neutrophils, what could be wrong? Thank you

Do prawns increase blood pressure? I have pretty well controlled blood pressure but last evening ate rather a lot of prawns, when I checked my blood pressure last night and again this morning as I have to do to keep a record, the readings were high (168/83 and 179/92), could the prawns account for this?

HI, I am a 65 male. I am a Master Certified Health Coach and I eat clean healthy meals. I walk an hour every day at a good steady pace. My blood pressure is higher than I would like it. It in the neighborhood of 130/90. What would you suggest for me to get it down to 120/80?

Recent questions on  Hypertension

hi my father was 76 and died of ischaemic heart disease and severe coronary atherosclerosis: heart hypertrophy and chronic congestive heart failure he was waiting for tests to be done with waiting lists 14 weeks i need to know if he could of been cured if he was seen sooner rather than later

i am 38 years old, 6'5" and 330 pounds. I've been having severe heart palpitations with shortness of breath that seems to rise up my body. First i get a warm feeling in my left ear, then i get very dizzy and start seeing white spots, then it feels like i'm losing oxygen to my head and i start to blackout. it usually goes away after i close my eyes and sit still. i have been to cardiologists who told me that i have high blood pressure and could lose weight, but my angiogram, etc. all prove normal. i am taking a beta blocker (cardovilol or something) plust a high blood pressure medication.

I just had my bp taken and it was 150 over 90. I am a 42 year old male who is dieting at the moment and dropped 15 lbs over the past month and now weigh approx. 210 lbs. (I am 5 ft. 7 in. tall). I am nervous with that reading. I had to go down two flights of stairs to get to the test, could that have had an affect on the reading??

My Dad is 72 and collapsed last year with chest pains. He was told he has an enlarged heart with excessive fat on it and high blood pressure. A year on he is now experiencing chest pains, has freezing cold hands and has severe nose bleeds about twice a week, but refuses to go to the doctor. What could this be?

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...