Does eating a meal raise blood pressure?

does eating a meal raise blood pressure?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
To a minimal level and there is no symptoms.

Hello, my mother is 63 years old and has a raised ESR of 33 and now 36. She has high blood pressure and has been on medication for about two years or more. She has had lower back pain for many years and now has some occasional wrist pain. However, all blood tests including antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, and blood count are normal except a low neutrophil count. Otherwise, she feels fine and has no infection. However, she has vitamin D deficiency. She had H.pylori some years ago which was treated and has had problems after eating - she felt discomfort after even very small meals. The GP gave her antacid tablets which seemed to help a bit but I am not convinced that it was acidity. I have looked up various sources that show raised ESR, low neutrophils and osteoporosis equals multiple myeloma or other cancers of the colon or breast. In light of the raised ESR of 36, vitamin D deficiency and low neutrophils, what could be wrong? Thank you

Do prawns increase blood pressure? I have pretty well controlled blood pressure but last evening ate rather a lot of prawns, when I checked my blood pressure last night and again this morning as I have to do to keep a record, the readings were high (168/83 and 179/92), could the prawns account for this?

HI, I am a 65 male. I am a Master Certified Health Coach and I eat clean healthy meals. I walk an hour every day at a good steady pace. My blood pressure is higher than I would like it. It in the neighborhood of 130/90. What would you suggest for me to get it down to 120/80?

Recent questions on  Hypertension

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...

My father Mr. Paresh nath Pal, 69 years old having major kidney failure, wanted to know about what are the ways or alternatives.

I am providing details about him till now.

He has Hyper Tension , Diabetes for near about last 20 years. Pacemaker have been implanted on 2006 because of low pulse rate.

According to his recent report on 8th april:

Blood pressure- 124\75

Blood sugar- fasting92\pp141

Blood urea-104

Blood creatinine-3.90

potassium 4.8

hemoglobin-9

Dear colleaggues, I'm Ingrid Hilman, MD, 58 years. had my stenting on 17 Feb, 3 stents in LAD and RCA.

Since 2 weeks ago, I develop severe headaches, esp during the iningt or when I wake up in the morning and also palpitation (heart rate > 90). I feel weak during palpitation. I do not have hypertension (my BP is between 90-110 and 70-80). I do not have obesity, smoking habits, my lab is pretty good only LDL 100.

Is this because of the herbresser that I take 3 times a day?

Other drug that I take;

- Aspirin 1 x 100 mg

- Plavix 1 x 75 mg

- Lipitor 1 x 10 mg.

Appreciate your inputs on my above complaints. Thank you very much

I am 54 yrs man. Last morning when I masterbaded, i passed some rust coulured semen and some light yellow coloured semen. I am single for the last 12 yrs but have had irregular sex with few partners with healthy and good background. I have no other problem, except high BP for which I take medicene and the BP remain under control. I also maintain normal health and am regularly practicing yoga. But I am very worried about the red semens. Pl advice what to do. Many Thanks!

I am a 25 yr old female that has recently lost 70 pounds and suffers from pcos. I am off all the bp medicines I was taking, and have been on a gluten free diet since 4/21/11 b/c I am allergic to wheat. I have been getting dizzy, lightheaded, and have a fast heart rate and low blood pressure when standing or sitting up. my heart rate is usually in the 60 -70 range when resting, and it's been in the high 90 - 100 range while resting. The dizziness started Sunday 6/19/11 all of a sudden, and I have kept track of my BP and symptoms since Sunday. I get this intense pressure in my head, and the get dizzy, and my heart will race when I start to feel yucky, I have trouble breathing, when my heart rate is up this high for no apparent reason. My BP will be 93/62 and HR 101 standing, or it can be 114/65 and HR 80 a few minutes later.. but if I go from lying down to sitting, it will be elevated, then it elevates when I stand, if I lay down everything is fine.. the pressure in my head goes away, the dizzyness goes away, and the HR goes back to normal... I have a shunt in place for hydrocephalus, my first shunt was placed at the age of two weeks, and first revision was done 4/5/2010. I want to know what is causing this fluctuation in BP and the dizziness, and fast HR...thanks

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...