Hello Dr, Now i am 11 weeks pregnant ,I went for checkup on the fifth week,my Gynae can t see the sac that time from that week she asked me to take duphaston 10mg and primolut depot every week and i am taking it until now the problem is my gynae told the foetus development is not upto the weeks growth it has to be ....still got heartbeat.She asked me to stop taking the medicines and asked me to wait until i bleed...My question is what could be the reason for the lack of fetal growth? Please suggest me what should i do now?
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Are you sure you were Pregnant? Could you Please let me know the complete Scan report which you took after confirming your Pregnancy. You may be having Intra Uterine Fetal Growth Restriction. The cause for this are various, like, Placental abnormalities, Chronic abruption, Placenta previa, Abnormal cord insertion, Cord anomalies, Pregnancy associated hypertension.
These factor have to be ruled out. Go for regular follow up.
I find this answer helpful
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Dear Dr, I am ambiga, 24 years old. I got married last dec 2009. My husband is 25 years old. I tested HCG positive with LMP: 22-01-2010.... But on regular scans the Dr found that the fetus is not showing its growth after 5 weeks and 5 days. (I was asked to take folic acid and progesterone supplement) It neither got aborted by itself nor grew up. We waited till April, yet we could not find the growth. So the Dr gave me medicine to abort my child. It got aborted on 3rd April 2010. Now I got pregnant again with LMP: Aug 6 2010. Again we encountered the same problem. Till yesterday (2-11-2010) the growth is just for 6 weeks and 5 days…. every scan has some improvements but it’s very slow. As of now Fetal pole and ovary sac are found. Now I request your advice whether • Can I save this child anymore….. Can I test myself for gestation diabetes… if so on treating it, will my child be safe and grow well? • Can I wait for some more weeks to check whether the baby would grow? • Some of my friends say (from their experience)that sometimes the child s growth will be slow in the initial stage and pick up quickly later on... will that happen in my case? • Should I and my husband undergo any tests? if so when can we do the test? now or after deciding on this baby. • Have you seen any patients with this kind of problem? • Do I have a bright chance in my next pregnancy…? • When should I try to conceive again (should I try only after a year or before that?) • What are the possible problems I may have? Kindly requesting you to consider my issue and suggest treatments. Please help. What should I do next?
According to LMP i am 7 weeks pregnant and the ultrasound report shows the gestational sac measuring 1.4 cm (gestation according to US is 4 week 4 days) but the fetal pole could not be visualized my physician told me to repeat the ultrasound after 2 weeks, and prescribed me medicine Duphaston to be taken twice for 2 weeks.
doctor i had two miscarryers,last one embryonic pregnancy.now i am pregnant nearly 5 weeks.from 4th week scan report shows only sac.no yolk.i am taking Dulphaston tablets and thyroxine.after 2weeks time i have to do scan again.result will be satisfactory
My daughter has recently found out that she is pregnant. Her cycle is 33 to 37 days long on average. Her Dr has put her at 9 weeks and says the babys growth is too slow and that she may miscarry. Her period was due a month ago and to my mind this should make her baby 6 weeks ( in fetal growth or 8 weeks gestational - as the doctors measure it) No heart beat was detected. Her hormone levels were 18300 and 2 days later 18500. Is there any chance this baby will grow and survive?
Okay, here goes. My LMP was August 17th and I started on Clostil on August 20th (recommended by my OBG). I am now pregnant but only had sexual intercourse with my Partner on September 3,4 & 5. My first pregnancy test were very pale to the point u had to hold it up to the light to see. I visited my OBG on Sept 20th & U/S showed nothing, we even thought it was a false neg. He told me to come back on Sept 27th n there it was a Sac. HE didn t tell me how old I was at the time but based on my cal I guessing I m now around 6wks fetal age n 8 wks gestational but due to the time I had my period and when I had intercourse I didn t know it would have been possible to be preggo. How many days do u think I ovalated for with the Clostil and the fact I got preggo around those dates?? And is this even possible, I thought I would have only ovalated 14dys after LMP??? Please assist.
hi,i'm puja,married on 21.11.2011,intercourse was happened from 23rdnov. and from that day i was using saheli contraceptive pills,but 21.12.2011 was detected that i am pregnant,after usg report the fetus is 6 weeks.i have the question that is there will be any abnormality in fetal development?if yes,i'l do for abortion
Hi, My wife and I are expecting our third child, however right at the start of the pregnancy she was diagnosed with Typhoid. While, she has recovered from it and does not have fever, we are worried about the effects of the medicine given to her, on our unborn child. I am listing the sequence of events below and would appreciate if someone would assist us. 2nd week of March, baby conceived. 25th March severe food poisoning and fever (2 weeks of weakness and loss of appetite). Pregnancy confirmed in the 2nd week of April. At the same time, severe flu, bronchitis and fever for ten days (advised Cefspan 400mg for 7 days + Panadol Also Zantac 150mg, twice a day for one month prescribed as Gynecologist suspected UTI. Widal test conducted on 21st April - Salmonella TO 1:80 (doctor failed to diagnose typhoid) 2nd May Typhoid IgG and Typhoid Igm positive, Antibody Index 1.8 Rocephin 1g Iv twice a day for 3 days advised. 2 days gap - Symptoms prevailed so Rocephin 2g IV once a day for 3 days advised again. 21st May Fever, weakness, indigestion and loss of appetite still persisted - Infectious Disease Consultant visited - advised Rocephin 2g IV advised once a day for 15 days (21st may till 4th Jun) 28th May 2010 Unable to retain food or medicine - physician advises Abdominal USG Readings: Liver 135mm (upper 160mm), outlines smooth, no dilatation of the hepatobiliary ducts, no focal defect. Gall bladder normal in size and shape BUT contains thick echogenic sludge. No stone or mass - Spleen measures 100mm (upper 120mm) - Pancreas normal, no para-aortic lymph nodes or mass seen - Right Kidney 101x40x15mm - Left Kidney 97x51x20mm - Gravid uterus 12.5 weeks Fever completely finished on the 1st of June, though there were temporary relapses after even slight exertion. Currently no fever but weakness, indigestion and nausea still persist. The above has left my wife extremely weak and she is still unable to retain anything complex and has to instead rely on basic items like milk and bread. Our physician has also indicated that she might have an ulcer in her stomach. In light of the cocktail of medicines given to her, we are extremely perturbed about the condition of the baby and the effects the medicines might have had on it. So far, we have only had the Anomaly scan done, readings of which are listed below. I would appreciate if someone could share some advise about what other tests we could get done to ensure the well being of both the mother and the baby, and whether there is any research available on the administration of the medicine cocktail on pregnant humans. Obstetrical USG (anomaly scan) conducted on 28th May 2010 Reading: Single Intrauterine fetus, cardiac activity present, fetal movements present, liquour amnii adequate, placenta fundal POSTERIOR upper mid uterine segment, B.P.D 18mm 12.6 weeks. Femur length 8mm 12.4 weeks. F.A.C 61mm 12.6 weeks. Gestational age 12.5 weeks. EDD 05-12-2010, Fetal weight approx 75gms. Nuchal Translucency measures 1.3mm (upper 3mm). No gross fetal anomaly seen.
Hello, I am pregnant and this is my situation. Last period nov 4th 1st scan dec 13th due to brown bleeding, sac was low but saw fetal heart beat 2nd scan dec 16tj due to red bleeding, doctor did not see heartbeat and scheduled dc for dec 18th. Dr...
Hi Doc. I did a urine test and found out I had an E. coli infection. Susceptibility tests indicated that it was sensitive to cotrimoxazole, so I stopped the blind treatment of Augmentin 625 and started the cotrimoxazole course. However, still...