Does drinking soda causes faintedness?

Yesterday i opened up a new soda and took a drink too fast.. it hurt when it went down and i started to have a chest pain and i was standing up and all of a sudden i fainted or blacked out.. i have had this pain before usually because of the same thing drinking carbonation too fast but this time i fainted.. is it anything to worry about or go see a doctor for?
Thu, 12 Dec 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

Your symptoms could be related to a vaso-vagal syncope, which is an over reaction of the parasympathetic nervous system due to the abdominal distension, from drinking the soda too fast. So, in my opinion, there is no reason to panic. I would just recommend avoiding drinking soda in the future and trying to eat and drink slowly and in small portions, more frequently during the day.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist