Does drinking coffee and smoking cause high BP?

Does smoking and driking coffee make your blood pressure go up? I'm 42, Female and my blood pressure was taken yesterday by doc and it was 150 over 105, he told me not to do any cardio excersize until my blood test come back.....basically am I in danger and if i stop the coffee and cigs now with it help and drop the blood pressure? thanks
Tue, 28 Feb 2017
Cardiologist 's  Response
welcome.
This is Dr Sameer here.
yes drinking excess coffee & smoking does make the bp go high. At bp of 150/105 you will need medicine. you have to stop smoking & decrease the salt intake. Remember to monitor your bp regularly.
Thanks