Does clarithromycin posses any side effect?

I have been prescribed clarithromycin for sinusitis as I m allergic to penicillin, but I m still worried about side effects of the medication - I haven t taken antibiotics in many years. My doctor said clarithromycin was a better option and is usually better tolerated than erithromycin. Is this true? Just so worried about reactions and side effects. Thank you!!
Mon, 25 Nov 2019

Every drug has its own pros and cons however, if it benefits more than harm then it should be used for certain illnesses. Your doctor found it necessary to prescribe you clarithromycin, respect his decision and complete its due course. Side effects of clarithromycin includes abnormal taste, diarrhoea and rash. If you encounter any of these symptoms while on antibiotic go and see your doctor.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sameen Bin Naeem, General & Family Physician