Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Does bump on the genital with blood and pus mean herpes of folliculitis ?

Hi, i am 21 years old, and i would like to know if i have folliculitis or genital herpes . I have a small bump on my genital and when i popped it pus and blood came out. I suspect my now ex boy friend of having herpes. I would like to know if the difference between the two. Please advise as best as possible. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
The best way to confirm is examination.But what you described sounds a lot like folliculitis.Herpes usually shows up as multiple eruptions.If there is no more pus,then the bump should heal on its own.If there are more eruptions and pain,itching then see a doctor for a herpes test.
Answered: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor