Does breastfeeding an infant after taking Mifigest cause any side effects?

Sir i m 1mth pregnant,and i have a 1yr baby.i consult my gynaecologist she suggested mifigest.i took mifigest yesterday night and i breastfeed my baby.now i m very tensed about my baby s health.any sideeffect of mifigest will cause my baby.pls rply
Mon, 11 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It is best not to breastfeed during the first 5 hours after taking Mifigest. Throw away the milk produced in the first 5 hours because it is possible some of the medication could be excreted in breast milk. The effect this medication could have on a breastfed infant is not known.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.