Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Does blood group difference among couples cause abortions ?

Can difference in blood groups between a couple cause abortion during prenancy
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
The difference in blood groups wont cause miscarriage but sometimes if the female is Rh negative and male Rh positive,its can happen.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
The differences in blood groups of couple can cause clotting problem during pregnancy and so hydrops fetus , which lead s to abortion.
If the woman is Rh negative and the man is Rh positive , there are possibilities of a reaction and so the fetus gets affected.This can cause abortion.
But this need not be a deciding factor in choosing your partner.there are treatment options effective in controlling this type of abortions.
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor