Owl Image

Does bikram yoga help to reduce severe acne ?

Doctor Ive been on sotret for the past 2 weeks for severe acne .. But can I do Yoga at 40 degrees Centigrade. Would it affect my skin in any way?
Wed, 20 Apr 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Hi!

welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

I've no idea about this particular yoga and its effect,but as far sotret is concerned you need to keep a check of few things.Sotret is isotretinoin (10/20mg) cap....is only given when your liver function test,lipid profile,and counts are normal.You need to keep a check of these at regular intervals.Along with this you should not wear contact lenses,should not donate your blood and should not combine this medicine with any other antibiotic.This is followed till you are on this medication. There is peeling skin and drying of lips with this tablet,so you may need a lip balm too.
In females it is very important that she should not become pregnant during the course of the medicine.
So,i guess this particular yoga should not have any side effect with sotret,but plz keep the above things in mind.I've got wonderful results with sotret in treating my acne patients ,but i don'y believe in yoga curing pimples.

regards,
Dr.chawda