Does benecol works for high cholestrol?

Does drinking the benecol and using their spreads really help reduce cholestrol does anyone know? serious and informative answers only please
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
Yes if your Cholesterol is marginally high it works. I you have very high degree of cholesterol, you can not depend only on this and you to take some Statin group medicine like - Atorvastatin, Cerivastatin, Fluvastatin, Lovastatin, Mevastatin, Pitavastatin, Pravastatin, Rosuvastatin, or Simvastatin, which are of lipid-lowering drugs that reduce serum cholesterol levels by inhibiting a key enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of cholesterol. Benecol is a food product line marketed by McNeil Nutritionals intended to reduce dietary cholesterol. The active ingredients in Benecol products are plant stanol esters, added to base products including margarine-like spreads and yoghurt. Because of regulatory issues, different products are available in different countries; for example, in the United States, only the spreads, and in Turkey, Kalbim Benecol margarine are available.-