Does avocados cause black specs in the childrens feces?

My daughter is 6 months old and I fed her avocados yesterday for the first time. This morning I noticed lots of little black things in her poop -- almost like little tiny shreds of fabric but black and only about a cm or 2 long -- nothing moving. Is this normal?
Thu, 21 Jan 2016
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hi, yes its normal as it contains lots of Iron and hence the colour of poo changes to black colour. its perfectly fine but do check the frequency of poops. if it increase in number or becomes liquid like than you might need to stop it as it means indigestion.